Administrative Assistant to the High School Principal
The American International School · Vienna
The American International School · Vienna is a vibrant multicultural community committed to teamwork and excellence, and is now looking to recruit a full-time Administrative Assistant to the High School Principal.
- Written and oral proficiency in English and German – bilingual preferred
- Two or more years of relevant experience, preferably in a school or international environment
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong initiative, ability to prioritize and perform under pressure while meeting short deadlines
- Ability to work in an international environment with sensitivity and respect for cultural diversity
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and other new and emerging technologies
To work closely with the High School Principal to provide administrative support in planning, organizing, implementing and communicating information regarding all programs and support services to ensure consistent day to day operations in the High School.
Assisting the Principal
- Schedule appointments with parents, the principal and teachers.
- Communicate detentions, meetings and other important information to students.
- Maintenance of all student files in the high school office.
- Monitor the divisional calendar to support planning for upcoming events.
- Attendance: Collect period attendance four times per day, following up frequently to ensure accuracy.
- Confirming absence reasons with families each day.
- Management of the attendance database and communication of concerns with families.
- Construct and compile the Daily Bulletin and weekly communication through Scoops.
- Maintain sign-in/sign-out books for faculty and students.
- Maintain the high school teacher duty list.
- Organize evacuation documents at beginning of school year; amend at the beginning of second semester.
- Create and develop documents for school communication..
- Issue lockers and to all high school students at the beginning of the school year, and communicate to maintenance repairs that may be required.
- Organize and prepare for the following events: Open House, Parent Teacher Conferences, Book Awards.
- Organize and secure all hardcopy examinations for the semester exams.
- Prepare Honor Roll and Honor Roll certificates or letters each semester.
- Update and edit the annual High Student Planner, as well as negotiate a contract with a printer for the publication of the planner.
- Organize and prepare for the graduation ceremony. This includes coordinating with an appropriate venue of character and facilitating all vendors for the reception. Design and printing of 400 – 600 programs, as well as many other tasks related to graduation.
- Communicate with maintenance regarding minor repairs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Full-time position (40 hours/week)
- Annual minimum gross salary will be 35,190 EURO
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of the Austrian background check. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they are legally able to work in Austria. AIS Vienna is not able to assist with any residence/work permits.
We are seeking someone available to start by December 1, 2018.
Please email a cover letter and resume, along with copies of your passport and residence/work permit (for non-EU citizens) to HR@ais.at. Note that this information must be in a single PDF. Please indicate “Administrative Assistant to the HS Principal” in the subject line and include where/how you found this posting. We only accept electronic applications.
Interviews will begin August 30, 2018.