Human Resources Manager at Hias
HIAS is the global Jewish nonprofit that protects refugees whose lives are in danger for being who they are.
HIAS is the global Jewish nonprofit that protects refugees whose lives are in danger for being who they are. We help refugees rebuild their lives and advocate to make sure that all displaced people are treated with dignity.
The HIAS Vienna office processes refugee cases for resettlement to the US through a contract with the US State Department. We are a welcoming and multicultural team, with English as our working language.
We have an immediate need for a Human Resources Manager, working full-time, 35.25 hours per week.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for guiding and managing professional and fit-for- purpose HR services, policies and procedures, and for supporting Directors and Managers in maximizing staff performance and engagement.
- Generalist HR experience (at least three years) – including resourcing, employee relations, training and development
- English language skills at native or near-native level (German language ability an advantage)
- Ability to design and deliver fit-for-purpose training events
- Experience managing projects to successful completion
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, with strong influencing, facilitation and coaching skills
- Professional qualification in Human Resources Management a strong advantage
- Strong analytical skills – comfortable creating fit-for-purpose reports from various data sources, including HR software programs
- Knowledge of Austrian employment law, salary, social security and tax calculations an advantage
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume, along with a description of work authorization to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Human Resources Manager” in the Subject line.
The deadline for this announcement is Wednesday, May 10, 2017. Please note we reserve the right to close this position early depending on application numbers. Therefore, we encourage early applications. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Please note that unfortunately we cannot sponsor work permits. Candidates without the appropriate work approvals will not be considered.