Communications Assistant (maternity cover)
The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) seeks a Communications Assistant to support the External Relations, Communications, and Library (ERCL) department. The Communications Assistant coordinates office activities, manages information, and facilitates internal operations. The role encompasses the responsibility of a variety of day-to-day administrative tasks and clerical duties. The Communications Assistant is expected to contribute to the production of high-quality communications materials, the organization of events, and the management of online communications (IIASA website and social media channels). The role includes liaising with internal departments and stakeholders, and external suppliers.
This will be a fixed term contract running from July 2017 to October 2018.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing externally resourced projects, liaising with freelancers, designers, and printers as appropriate.
- Coordinating projects and liaising with programs and departments for content for IIASA publications and projects, e. g. Scientific Update and Annual Report.
- Updating the IIASA website using a Content Management System.
- Creating news items and event pages.
- Arranging and executing the internal and external distribution of IIASA publications of all types.
- Maintaining the communications section of the contact database for the distribution of IIASA publications.
- Working with the relevant IIASA colleagues in the development of the Contact Database.
- Managing the IIASA Mailchimp account and sending out monthly newsletters. Collating information for the monthly content plan.
- Managing IIASA social media activities as required.
- Maintenance and updating of internal photo database and managing the IIASA Flickr account.
- Assisting in marketing and promotion of IIASA publications.
- Proof reading of publications before delivery to publisher and printers.
- Preparing book displays and maintaining publication stock, processing orders and invoicing.
- Working closely with other Communications staff to produce high quality publications on time.
- Operating the IIASA print shop; responsible for all printing requests (black/white and color) and for operating related machines (power cutting, binding and folding machines); maintaining an inventory of supplies, and liaising with suppliers.
- Assisting in event organization and coordination of materials for conferences.
- Organizing materials, publications displays, exhibitions, and logistics, and attendance at events as required.
- Supporting the Communications department with processing of the charge back system and department’s budget.
- Supporting the Head of Communications with administrative tasks.
- Deputizing for other Communications staff during absences and performing other tasks as necessary to benefit the department.
Background and Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluent in English, German preferable.
- Excellent organization skills, with own initiative and ability to lead on projects when required.
- Flexible working attitude and happy to turn hand to a multitude of tasks within the department to help colleagues.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite advantageous.
- Excellent sense of style and layout, with an eye for detail.
- Ability to work independently and within a team to tight deadlines.
For further details about this opportunity, appointment terms and how to apply, please click here
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.iiasa.ac.at/web/home/about/workingatiiasa/vacancies/170132-COM-Asst_MLR.html →