The American International School · Vienna
The Technology Specialist provides all forms of support to end-users, assists other members of the department when needed and any other duties as assigned by the IT Operations Manager and/or Instructional Technology Director.
- MSCE or other up-to-date professional qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field; Master’s Degree preferred
Minimum one-year experience in a similar position
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and German
- Able to work in a busy environment with frequent interruptions
- Self-starter able to initiate and work independently on projects
- Interact with employees and students (ages 4 to 18) with a patient, customer-service approach; understanding that the ultimate aim of all employees is to support education
- The willingness to pitch-in and do whatever work is necessary is essential as well as the ability to fit into a close-knit team.
- Ability to carry heavy equipment (up to 20 kg) up and down many flights of stairs
- End-user operating systems and common programs: Apple Mac OS, Apple iPad/iPhone iOS, Chrome OS all versions of Microsoft Windows, Apple Server, Active Directory and Google G-suite, Veracross, Destiny
- Troubleshoot end-user technical issues on demand
- Experience working on general data protection regulation (GDPR) topics
- Physical repair of laptops and other forms of hardware
DUTIES SPECIFIC TO THIS POSITION
- Printers, copiers and Papercut system
- Audio/video classroom infrastructure responsibilities: planning and maintenance of classroom technology such as Projectors, TVs, Smartboard, Speakers, Signage displays.
- Computer image responsibilities: preparing a “golden”-image for students’, teachers’ and office computers for roll out onto new or existing computers.
- Collaborate and communicate with ed-tech and tech about the needs of the constituents and evaluate and improve the imaging process by automation.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of the network infrastructure
IT Operations Manager
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Full-time position (40 hours/week)
- Annual gross salary will be 42,120 EURO
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of the Austrian background check. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they are legally able to work in Austria. AIS Vienna is not able to assist with any residence/work permits.
We are seeking someone available to start immediately.
Please email a cover letter and resume, along with copies of your passport and residence/work permit (for non-EU citizens) to HR@ais.at. Note that this information must be in a single PDF. Please indicate “Technology Specialist” in the subject line and include where/how you found this posting. We only accept electronic applications.
Deadline for applications: December 17, 2018.