SCHOOL ADMINISTRATIVE SOFTWARE COORDINATOR
The American International School · Vienna
The School Administrative Software Coordinator is situated in the IT Department and is solely responsible for maintaining the administrative software (e.g. SIS – School Information System) that is the core to the smooth running of the school. Functionalities
include records of constituent’s data, online admissions system, online gradebook for teachers, scheduling, attendance, online grades and Parent Portals, report cards and transcripts.
● Bachelor’s degree preferred
● A minimum of 2 years of experience in similar services, preferably in an international school environment
● Highly computer literate: analytical and problem solving nature
● Ability to plan, prioritize, pace work, and be responsible for meeting deadlines
● Self-starter, quick learner, ability to work independently, multi-task and deal with interruptions
● Patience, hard-working, perseverance, willingness to learn, ability to work in a collaborative environment
● Interpersonal skills – training, explaining, creating instructions
● Native or near-native written and spoken English is required, German is desirable
● Innovative: ability to research, introduce and implement new software/procedures
● Experience or working knowledge of an SIS in an educational setting preferred
● Highly meticulous, detail and customer oriented
● Willingness to go above and beyond when necessary
● Ensure the efficiency and smooth running of the SIS and procedures in all areas of the school
● Keeping administrative procedural and software documentation up-to-date
● Offer regular trainings for teachers and support staff
● Continuing to assist support staff and investigate ways to make their work more efficient.
● Maintaining all components of the School Administrative Software (SAS)
● Understanding and optimizing school procedures in combination with SAS
● Ensuring consistency of data entry and ensure the integrity of data throughout the year
● Creating and maintaining logon accounts for new staff, students and parents throughout the school year, adding them to the various online services and programs we use.
● Maintaining and preparing external assessment systems
● Creating instructions for procedures for a variety of skill levels
● Leading training and support for administrative software. (e.g professional development sessions)
● Contacting technical support (out of hours as necessary)
● Regularly upload data to various internal and external systems.
● Creating telephone extensions for new staff, making changes for present extensions
● Duties as needed within IT office
School Administrative Software consists of but is not limited to: Veracross, Follett Destiny, Mocca, Mesonic WinLine, GRASP, ManageBAC, NWEA, WIDA, Google G-Suite for EDU, Microsoft 365 for EDU, National Geographic, Learning analytics
collaborative, Cisco CUCM, Pearson EDU, etc.
● The School Administrative Software Coordinator reports to the IT Operations Manager and the Instructional Technology Director.
● Faculty, Staff, Students, Parents
● Not applicable.
● The School Administrative Software Coordinator is evaluated by the IT Operations Manager and the Instructional Technology Director.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
● Full-time position (40 hours/week)
● Annual minimum gross salary is 35,820 EURO.
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of the Austrian background check. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they are legally able to work in Austria. AIS Vienna is not able to assist with any residence/work permits.
We are seeking someone available to start as soon as possible.
Please email a cover letter and resume, along with copies of your passport and residence/work permit (for non-EU citizens) to HR@ais.at as one single PDF. Please indicate “TECH – SAS Coordinator” in the subject line and include where/how you found this
posting. We only accept electronic applications.
Interviews will begin Monday, January 20, 2020.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.ais.at/about/employment/employemnt-post-page/~board/employment/post/school-administrative-software-coordinator →