Administrative Assistant to the Director of Curriculum & Instruction
The American International School · Vienna
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO THE DIRECTOR OF CURRICULUM & INSTRUCTION
part-time / 30 hours per week
The Administrative Assistant to the Director of Curriculum & Instruction provides administrative support to the Curriculum &
● Completed secondary education
● A minimum of 3 years of experience in administrative services or education
● Excellent command of written and spoken English; bilingual preferred (German)
● High level of confidentiality and integrity
● Ability to work on own initiative
● Excellent computer skills, incl. Google products, Microsoft Office, databases, etc.
● Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
● Professional telephone manner
● Assist the Director of Curriculum & Instruction as required in the performance of his/her duties.
(1) Prepare information at the beginning of the year
(2) Organize and distribute materials needed for meetings & trainings
(3) Upload public information for AIS website (internal & external)
● Assist with necessary documentation and orientation schedules for incoming teachers
● Arrange travel itineraries as needed
● Manage the Director of Curriculum & Instruction’s appointments and schedule
● Arrange events on behalf of the Director & Assistant of Curriculum & Instruction (on and off campus)
● Prepare written communications and documents
● Manage online platforms
● Prepare, modify, maintain Accreditation Agency reports & relationships
● Facilitate PD Events (agreements, reimbursement, planning, etc.)
● Other duties as assigned by the Director of Curriculum & Instruction
The Administrative Assistant to the Director of Curriculum & Instruction reports to the Director of Curriculum & Instruction.
The Administrative Assistant interacts with AIS faculty and staff.
The Administrative Assistant to the Director of Curriculum & Instruction is evaluated by the Director of Curriculum & Instruction.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
● Part-time position (30 hours/week)
● Annual gross salary will be 26,395 EURO for the part-time position.
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of the Austrian background check. It is the applicant’s responsibility to
ensure they are legally able to work in Austria. AIS Vienna is not able to assist with any residence/work permits.
We are seeking someone available to start as soon as possible.
Please email a cover letter and resume, along with copies of your passport and residence/work permit (for non-EU citizens) to
HR@ais.at . Note that this information must be in a single PDF. Please indicate “Administrative Assistant to the Director of
Curriculum & Instruction” in the subject line and include where/how you found this posting. We only accept electronic applications.
Updated Aug 2019
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.ais.at/about/employment →