Vienna Babies Club
The Vienna Babies Club is a support network for expat women living in and around Vienna who are pregnant or have small children. Whether you have been here for four weeks, four months, or four years, you will find others in the same situation as you: mothers (and some fathers) from abroad living in Vienna, possibly very far from home.
- Casual social gatherings for making friends and sharing experiences with other mums who have or are expecting babies
- Helpful and time-saving information from mums with experience with area hospitals, doctors, playgroups, etc.
- A forum to seek advice on pregnancy, delivery and breastfeeding
- An informative website providing resources and links to help you access services and learn about living in Vienna pregnant or with a baby
- A support network to help ease the stresses that are part of the parenting experience
- …and much more!
VBC is made up of approximately 1000 members from nearly 100 countries. It is a non-profit organisation started by mums for mums. All administration duties are done by volunteer mums to keep the VBC running smoothly.
The VBC was formed by international mothers and the common language is English (you will notice the range of English spoken by the spelling and terminology variations on this site!). It can be hard living in a foreign country without family or a support network so we strive to get mothers together to help each other. Click around a bit to find out more about us and get general information that might be helpful to you.
While English is the common language spoken within the Vienna Babies Club, our meetings are not a suitable forum for teaching and/or improving English as a foreign language. There are, however, a number of groups in Vienna for mothers and babies (mostly from one year upwards) which provide an effective and fun way to learn the English language.