Shopping on Sundays
In Vienna the stores are closed on Sundays and Holidays, but don’t worry there are places open for those who have not managed to do grocery shopping during the week. Please note what you may purchase on these days is limited by law.
Shops in major railway stations and airports are allowed to open on Sundays but have to limit their supplies. The following shops are usually open on sundays and public holidays, too:
- Billa Praterstern Bahnhof Wien Nord, Praterstern, 1020 Wien 6.00-22.00
- Billa Franz-Josef- Bahnhof Julius Tandler Platz 3, 1090 Wien 6.00-22.00
- Merkur mini-markt Bahnhof City Wien Westbahnhof 1150 Wien, 9:00-21:00
- SPAR Pronto Wien Mitte, Landstraßer Hauptstraße, 1030 Wien, 6:00 – 23:00
- Billa Airport Wien-Schwechat, Schwechat, 6.30-22.00
The OKAY’s in the various stations are like an enhanced 7-11. They have a little bit of a lot of things-breads, drinks, cheeses, vegetables, eggs, candies, chips, etc. For those who are out of something desperately needed, they’re great.
A little SPAR in the General Hospital is also open daily:
- SPAR im AKH, Währinger Gürtel 18-20, 1090 Wien 09:00 – 19:00
Esso Petrol Station it’s on corner of Landstrasse/ Oberzellergasse Open 24hours every day. they have fresh baked bread, frozen food, beer,cornflakes..everything really. of course they are a bit more expensive than a normal store..but then so is 7/11.
Besides most Bakeries are open on Sundays and some on Holidays